Written by Dentistry Today Thursday, 29 August 2013 09:41
Chicago (August 28, 2013) — The American Academy of Periodontology (AAP) invites all dental professionals to attend its 99th Annual Meeting at Philadelphia’s Pennsylvania Convention Center from September 28 to October 1, 2013. This year’s meeting aims to highlight state-of-the-art advancements in periodontology, while allowing attendees the opportunity to network with fellow dental practitioners in the City of Brotherly Love.
According to AAP President Nancy L. Newhouse, DDS, MS, “The 2013 AAP Annual Meeting will showcase the newest trends and innovations in periodontal research, practice and technology. All dental professionals interested in periodontics, from student to seasoned practitioner, should join us in Philadelphia to learn about the latest and greatest innovations in periodontology, as well as the importance of periodontal health on the wellbeing of our patients.”
The 2013 AAP Annual Meeting will feature over 50 educational and scientific sessions, including hands-on workshops, clinical technique showcases and traditional continuing education courses. Choose from a diverse selection of expert-led sessions in eight different tracks:
- Imaging and Emerging Technologies
- Interdisciplinary Therapy
- Periodontal-Systemic Relationships
- Periodontal Plastic/Oral Reconstructive Surgery
- Practice Development and Management
- Regeneration/Tissue Engineering
- Treatment of Inflammatory Periodontal Diseases
This year’s meeting also features:
- Bestselling author and Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter Stuart Diamond at the Opening General Session.
- The always popular Dental Hygiene Symposium hosted in collaboration with the New Jersey Society of Periodontists and Pennsylvania Association of Periodontists.
- Famous Beatles cover band The Return performing at the Welcome Reception, to be held at Philadelphia’s celebrated National Constitution Center.
- An interactive and diverse exhibition floor which will showcase a variety of products and services to enhance dental practice.
Attendees can personalize their meeting experience by downloading the AAP Annual Meeting mobile app. The app provides up-to-the-minute information, a customizable schedule, real-time alerts, built-in Twitter feed, exhibitors’ locations, local suggestions for dining, entertainment and attractions, and many other handy features.
About the American Academy of Periodontology
The American Academy of Periodontology (AAP) is the professional organization for periodontists, specialists in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of diseases affecting the gums and supporting structures of the teeth, and in the placement of dental implants. Periodontists are also dentistry’s experts in the treatment of oral inflammation. They receive three additional years of specialized training following dental school, and periodontics is one of the nine dental specialties recognized by the American Dental Association. The AAP has 8,400 members world-wide.