The WannaCry ransomware attack hit more than 150 countries, locking up more than 300,000 computers and demanding a $300 payment before files could be restored. But that was only one incident, as the number of ransomware attacks increased more than 6,000% in 2016, according to IBM. Today, there are more than 9 million ransomware variants now active on the Internet. To help practices protect themselves, DDS Rescue offers a 12-step data security assessment. It includes:
- Up-to-date information on HIPAA/HITEC Act;
- Ransomware (cryptowall) management strategies
- Physical safeguards for the server and backup appliance;
- Encrypting data and safeguards for patient information;
- Encrypted email strategies;
- Backup evaluation;
- Antivirus program verification;
- Firewall verification;
- Safe remote access strategies and management (external account password complexity);
- Password strategies and management (complexity and expiration);
- HIPAA insurance explanation;
- Guest WiFi security strategy.
DDS Rescue also provides a full report and action plan for physical and technology risk management. Assessments are performed remotely, with no interruptions. And, there is no charge for current DDS Rescue customers.