Written by Dentistry Today Tuesday, 17 August 2010 13:56
Carmel Medical Center Doctors in Haifa, Israel never encountered what they saw recently.
A 5-cm metal dental prosthesis bridge was discovered in the lungs of Haifa woman after she was undergoing treatment from a dentist. The object had fallen into her trachea and the dentist told her she had most likely swallowed it and it would come out at the other end of her gastrointestinal system without a problem.
At Carmel Medical Center, however, the doctors didn’t think the problem was as minor as the dentist said it was. The object caused an